Monday, July 20, 2009

Once I start..

I found out that Pink Chalk Fabrics is having a sale. It's a good one. I had to talk myself off the ledge. While I didn't purchase everything my heart desires, I managed to pick up some fantastic deals. Now all I have to do is sit back and wait for the good mail to arrive!

I did treat myself to my very first Japanese print:

Cute, non?

I also started full force on free motion quilting my Tula Pink baby charm quilt (I will really have to come up with a better name!). I am pleased to report that I decided to "just get it done" and go with the "free motion" flow. Very challenging for me - but I discovered that after an hour (or two!) of fighting with the quilting, I really did enjoy just letting the random quilting pattern happen. It is not perfect, but I think that I am learning to be OK with that. As my good friend keeps saying "It's handmade!". I am feverishly working on the binding and will post pictures once the project is complete...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment