Thursday, June 25, 2009

A new obsession...

Pretty little crochet waves...mmmmmmmMMMMmmmmm...




Much of this was completed during our summer road trip. There is something very restful about a road trip. Really there is nothing that you can do but spend the passing hours looking at the beautiful scenery, listening to music, chatting, napping...and if you're me -crocheting! You are absolved of all "responsible" tasks that you could be undertaking.
The road and scenery were absolutely hypnotic! Add repetitive crochet stitches into the mix and I was all RELAX-ED. Ahhh.

True confession - I don't really know how to crochet. I wasn't able to understand all of the instructions in the pattern. After 3 false starts I decided that this looked close enough to the pattern in the book, and most importantly - I like the way that it looks!

Still millions of little crochet stitches to complete and no more road trips planned for the summer. Sounds like the perfect excuse to watch rainy day movies and crochet or to haul the blanket into the backyard with a cool drink on sunny days!

Gotta love summer!

4 comments:

  1. That yarn looks so super soft! Love the look of the blanket, too. How big will the blanket be?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. you're going to have to show me how to do that :) It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go! It's gorgeous. Reminds me of the Neptune colorway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys!

    I'm not certain how big the blanket will be in the end...I plan to use it on the couch as a lap blanket.

    Sara - you are right! It is quite similar to the Neptune colours. Can you tell that I am mid-way through that project?!

    ReplyDelete