Saturday, June 13, 2009

Crafty-cation?

Does that sound really wrong??? (sounds a bit shocking to me!!). I am trying to convey that I will be on vacation for the next three weeks (so excited) and that I plan to do some crafting (sooo excited!).

The first week will be family togetherness week. My daycare is closed and we (my son, husband and I) will be at a family wedding in "cottage country" at the end of the week. Should be fun, but as with all family intensive events, it could also go terribly wrong! A very kind friend has agreed to watch my son on the evening of the wedding so that my husband and I can dance it up with the rest of the wedding people. A dressy night out? It's been a while! Should be good fun.

In preparation for the free time, I have ordered some exciting craft books to inspire me:

  1. Weekend Sewing by Heather Ross
  2. Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia Of Crafts: An A-to-z Guide With Detailed Instructions And Endless Inspiration
  3. Vintage Crochet: 30 Gorgeous Designs for Home, Garden, Fashion, Gifts

I don't really know how to crochet...but I fancy myself able to learn. We shall see. We shalllll see...

1 comment:

  1. I see absolutely nothing wrong with a crafty-cation! It sounds like heaven, actually! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete