Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Giving and Receiving


The { Urban } HOME Goods swap is done and dusted for another round.

I must confess to feeling a fair bit of stress in making my project selection, but I was thrilled with the kind things that Alecia had to say about her sewing machine cover and cross stitch. I admire Alecia's style and really wanted to send her something that she would enjoy. No pressure!

I was so preoccupied with my project selection that I didn't give much thought to the idea that somebody out there was working on something specially made for me! As you can see from the images, I lucked out!


Meg made lovely placemats that incorporate so many elements that I love: Linen (check!), Amy Butler Love (check!), hexagons (check!).

Can you believe the beautiful hand stitching in these hexies?? I am so impressed and touched by the amount of work that Meg put into these beauties. Handstitched hexagons and hand stitched binding! I want to assure you that all of this lovely work is very much appreciated (and adored).


Meg also sent this fantastic mug rug that uses some coveted fabrics.


Hello little fella!


Meg included some extra treats in the package...I am thankful that my swap package gives me an opportunity to talk about buttons again on my blog! Do you see the sparkly and polka dot beauties in this package? Love.


In a strange twist of fate (or of organization by our swap Mama), I was placed in a 3-way (perhaps triad would be a better choice of terminology?? Get your mind out of the gutter!).

Meg received a gift from Alecia

Alecia recieved a gift from me

I received my gift from Meg.

I must really be a civil servant. I want to make a graphic representation of this for you. Shameful.

I feel very fortunate to have had the pleasure of exhanging some hand made goodness with these ladies. Somehow makes the world seem a friendlier place when you can share some crafty love.

4 comments:

  1. Eeek! Lucky you! A whole set of beautiful handmade placemats! I so want some for my house, but cannot decide on a pattern/idea/fabrics. How wonderful to have a set land on your doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome, Holly! It was an honor and a pleasure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great little package! I love the mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo I love the colours! So Pretty!

    ReplyDelete