Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How the other half lives...

Don't you just love seeing how other people decorate/live in their home?

I love looking at our local real estate website to see how people decorate their homes (let's face it, generally people are presenting their homes at their best when they are for sale). I also love this site for partly voyeuristic, partly inspirational reasons.

I was particularly taken with this inspiring house tour. I have had to go back 3 or 4 times just to admire. You may recall that I recently repainted my "oh-so-dreary-came-with-the-house" beige living room and dining room. I like to think of it as the first step to creating a space that feels at least a little bit like Christine's. (c'mon....at least a little bit!!!).

The blue looks much more grey in this picture than it is in real life (there is just no natural light in Ottawa in the winter!).



Be sure to go take an inspirational tour...then you will understand how I intend to live!

My mother is coming for a visit later this month...perhaps that will inspire me to get more organized and decorated? (hmmm....somewhat doubtful, but hope springs eternal!)

No comments:

Post a Comment