Friday, December 18, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...which is good, because Christmas is only 1 week away!

It has most definitely snowed in Canada's Capital city (lots and lots)!:

We have trimmed our tree - and it has fallen over 3 times! Special thanks to Donna's lovely husband who came armed with equipment (a reciprocating saw and rope man!) to bail my lovely, but un-handy husband and myself out on a Saturday morning when the final collapse happened (oh the carnage!):


I have since added millions of crocheted snowflakes (ok a dozen or so - I tend to be prone to small exagerations). I am ever so obsessed with these lovelies!


I am meant to be finishing the quilt for my sister's Christmas gift, but since I am a professional time waster these days, I have taken to completing one snowflake (which I really don't need) every evening. Lovely.

I also decided that it was NECESSARY to paint most of the main floor of my house. Yes - NECESSARY! There were a few nights of painting until 2 am, but I am pleased with the results.

Before:

After:
Now just imagine the room with lovely bursts of colour inserted from (yet-to-be-completed!) crochet and quilting projects. Ahhh...all of the exciting projects for the New Year! But first...off to complete the projects that must be shipped (cross country!) this year!

3 comments:

  1. Wow. The tree looks great. As do the walls. We are going to go get our tree today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly! You're amazing. The patience, I don't know where you find it for those delicate, tiny stitches. Also, that is the perfect blue on your walls. You must be so excited! Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it so interesting that some photos the blue doesn't look so blue than in others. It looks great in real life, I can attest.

    ReplyDelete