Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sweet smugness

Look what I grew!!

Yup, after only 3 years I have managed to grow a peony. In fact, I actually grew two of them...but it has been so grey that the other flower fell apart before I got a chance to take a picture. You'll have to take my word for it...it was pretty too!

I seem to remember when I was a kid that they used to talk about the creation of "smell-o-vision". Hmmm...is my vague memory of this accurate, or do I just really wish that I could share the fabulous smell of this bloom with you??

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I adore peonies, and yours is a beauty. I have never tried to grow one (our yard is fairly shady), but my sister has lots of them. I am so envious -- of her and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh..... I can smell it! Smells like summer is starting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos to you! my favorite flower and smell! They will multiple each year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mine are the same color and are just about to bloom! Great pics, Holly!

    ReplyDelete