Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Birthdays and breaks


Hope that everybody had a great long weekend! Not only was it the Easter long weekend, but at our house....it was also my birthday long weekend. Yippee! I love to drag out a birthday celebration for as long as humanly possible. Much longer than is appropriate really.

It was eerily calm at our house this weekend. This was not by accident. It was one of my birthday "gifts" from my husband. You see, I have a habit of scheduling every free moment, but he organized a "non-planned, do what you want on a whim" kind of a weekend . Let me be clear - I am scheduling my life with things that I love and with people that I love, but sometimes a calm, quiet, non-scheduled weekend is just what one requires. It was strangely liberating. We spent a lot of time outside doing nothing of any importance, but full of sunshine and enjoyment!

I must confess, however, it turns out that I don't just sit still well...so I spent much of the weekend with some hexagons in my hands. This was a completely directionless and relaxing task. I'm not really sure what I will do with these hexagons. I had imagined making a wall hanging and taking it into my office at work to fight off the BEIGE. Not sure if that's what I'm going to do now. Work has been busy and sort of yucky lately (temporarily, I'm sure!). Not too sure if I want to subject my lovely hexagons to work and the beige. Is it crazy to be protective of scraps of fabric made into hexagons? Probably! Perhaps they will become a lovely cushion for home???

As you can see, my son is very keen on all of the colours. Here he is helping to model my hexagons:

Here I go...back into real life. Luckily, the weekend is not far away...

4 comments:

  1. I love love love it! Wow. The colours areawesome!

    And happy birthday! A relaxing weekend sounds great. That is how we do it around here and now I find myself sometimes resently of anything scheduled. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that scrappy hexy loveliness has grown since last I saw it.

    I too am glad you had a fun weekend! Even if I didn't get to lay eyes on you .. sob sob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly! How do I miss your posts???
    Happy belated birthday, missy!
    LOVE those hexagons and the randomness of them! I know how hard random can be and you've pulled it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANy decision on what you'll do with these guys?

    ReplyDelete